Wednesday 24 August 2011

Davey's on the Road Again

You know, it's times like this when you realise that people really care! I've never had a child but I imagine that what I've experienced the last few days has been a bit like that. Infact I think I may have a child just to relive the amazing friendship that has been poured out to me the last few days. Any volunteers to help with that?

I have had people come round to mow the lawn, paper the hall, clean my flat from to to bottom, take me to Ikea, B&Q, etc etc. I have enjoyed numerous gifts, cards and so forth and have had meals out, meals in, drinks bought, tears shed, hugs given and messages of support up to my ears.

With all of this it's a miracle I haven't decided to stay after all, but then it isn't friendship that is taking me away, but a chance at adventure and experience of new cultures, a chance to grow emotionally, professionally, and spiritually. I can't wait to see new sights, hear new sounds, and taste new tastes. I am looking forward to stepping out of all my familiar comfort zones.

All of this will be made all the easier by the knowledge that, back home in Glasgow I have family and friends rooting and praying for me. Friends like these don't grow on trees, but, like trees many of them have taken many years to cultivate and bring to a place of real maturity. So while all my friendships are important to me, it is these guys I have built life with through thick and thin over the last 15 years that I am truly going to miss. You are also my brothers and sisters and I will miss you very much! So you'd better flippin skype me :-) !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment